A good nursing diagnosis for Depression is very important to overcome this serious disorder without which there are high chances of seeing some radical changes in your behavior leading towards addiction to alcohol & drugs, can ruin relationships and also pose a potential risk to overall health by a severe drop in the amount of food intake and sleeping hours.
Depression is the common disorder that makes a person lose control over himself by making that person to lose hope and also the perspective of life. This Depression is considered to be a severe disorder. The symptoms are very different and one of a kind. This disorder causes the person to be drowned in the mental health and make the person fall into loneliness. This creates a significant effect on the day to day activities where the daily operations of a person are much disturbed. This is indeed stressed to the person who is facing. This is the only disorder that makes a person to get drowned into deeper levels of stress and further causes the person to get into a hopeless situation of losing life.
Signs of Depression-
- Some signs help us know the perspective of the person. These signs enable us to understand that a person was facing depression. These stand as symptoms which helps in analyzing the mindset of the patient and also assist in diagnosing the patient, through which situation that the person is going through.
- The person who is heading to depression phase different kind of mindset, where there are mood swings, and thoroughly be in a moody and an empty kind of mentality. The person mostly remains sad, anxious and most of the time, the person spends lonely.
- Another symptom is that the person always feels the vibe of a feeling of hopelessness or being lonely, unable to get along with others.
- A person with depression always feels irritated and also makes the atmosphere into a very dull and a helpless.
- The depressed person loses interest in the daily activities and also makes a lagging sort of presence in work.
- There is no genuine fulfillment with the work, neither a sort of satisfaction. The things are down very slow and always carry a dull and a goofy face around.
- A person with such depression makes no moves. The person causes the utmost discomfort. There is no use of energy. There will be no proper concentration on the work. There will be much difficulty in making decisions and continues with the improper diet. Sometimes the person may also lose the appetite and rest. There can be oversleeping or no sleep at all.
The final stages of Depression lead to the suicidal thoughts.
Further makes the person end up living and find peace in Death.
NURSING DIAGNOSIS FOR DEPRESSION-
- Make sure about the levels of suicide that the person is facing. These levels help the nurse to make sure about the patient and also help the patient actually to get revealed out of pain through sharing. A client with high risk will require constant supervision and should be under total control of peace. The person should be placed in a safe environment which helps the patient to calm the mind.
- Make a possibility of contacting the family members or friends to get the depressed person into counseling. And by this, the person may find a good source of hope which helps the person to get rebuilt. The patient needs a network of resources to contribute to diminishing personal feelings of helplessness, worthlessness, and isolation.
- Go for medication, if there is a possibility. Make sure the patient is given enough supply of medicines and further helps the patients to get into recovery. Let not the medications be under a total power of control and thus lets the person go into a stake. This may not be much help to the person to get out of that trauma. Let the person go for some live activities which make the person more refreshing and also helps the person to improve the capability.
- Help the person to express feelings and pour out the emotions. This helps the person o known that there is someone who will listen to the voice of depression. Let it be anger, sadness, failure, and guilt, any sort of emotion or trauma that the person is going through. Let the person pour out all that is hiding inside.
With such make sure that the person gets stabilized and also the person indeed feels much free, when all the pain is let out. This creates a clear understanding of what the person is and also helps in maintaining and balancing life.
For the people who are in their last stages of depression, and want to end up living.
To such people, there should be counseling sessions that help the person in having a bright idea of what they are doing with their lives and also helps them to rethink about their decisions and adequately plan things.